After upgrading from Dataverse 3.0.3 or Dataverse 3.0.4 to 3.0.5, Dataverse displays the "Loading..." screen and appears to hang on startup. When this occurs, two java.exe processes are running on your system as described here.
An index in the Dataverse database could have become corrupt while upgrading to 3.0.5.
- Stop Dataverse by selecting "Stop Dataverse" from the Windows Start Menu. Check to ensure that there are no java.exe processes running per the directions here.
- Locate the directory
%LocalAppData%\Dataverse. You should see a directory named
siteand another one named
site-backup-<date and time of upgrade>. The "site-backup" directory is a copy of your site directory from before the upgrade.
- Rename the
sitedirectory to something like
- Uninstall Dataverse 3.0.5 by running the
- Rename your
site-backup-<date and time of upgrade>directory to
- Locate the following directory and and rename to something like
indexes_old_3.0.5. This will force the indexes to be rebuilt when we restart Dataverse later.
- Locate your 3.0.5 installation executable and run the 3.0.5 upgrade as normal.
- After the installer is complete, Dataverse may take a bit longer to start than normal. We estimate around 15 minutes. So, head to the kitchen, make yourself a coffee or tea, catch up on Facebook, QQ, BlackPlanet, Tuenti, or Kaixin, and enjoy Dataverse once you return to your desk!
- If you still Dataverse doesn't start, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem and that you have tried the steps in this article.