Text files commonly contain tabular data in a delimited format. Most commonly, files are comma-delimited, such that each field is separated by a comma. However, sometimes files have different delimiters. In this case, the Delimited File node can acquire this data into Dataverse.
In this example, we have all the planets in the solar system in a pipe-delimited file. A pipe delimited file uses the pipe character (|) to separate the fields. You'll find the file attached at the end of this article.
You can read this pipe-delimited data into Dataverse using the following steps:
- Save the file to your computer.
- In the Node Palette on the left side of the canvas, find the node named “Delimited File” in the “Input Connections” section. Drag that node onto the canvas.
- Click on the node. The node’s details will be shown in the Properties panel to the right.
- Fill in the following properties. The node editor should look like the following photo once it's ready to go.
- Name: Planets
- File: Click the file folder icon to the right side of the parameter. Navigate to the file.
- FieldDelimiter: | (the pipe)
- RecordDelimiter: \r\n
- Click the run button.