Text files commonly contain tabular data in a delimited format. Most commonly, files are comma-delimited, such that each field is separated by a comma. However, sometimes files have different delimiters. In this case, the CSV/Delimited Input node can acquire this data into Dataverse.
In this example, we have all the planets in the solar system in a pipe-delimited file. A pipe delimited file uses the pipe character (|) to separate the fields. You'll find the file attached at the end of this article.
You can read this pipe-delimited data into Dataverse using the following steps:
- Save the file to your computer.
- In the Node Palette on the left side of the canvas, find the node named “CSV/Delimited Input” in the “Input Connectors” section. Drag that node onto the canvas.
- Click on the node. The node’s details will be shown in the Properties panel to the right.
- Fill in the following properties. The node editor should look like the following photo once it's ready to go.
- Name: Planets
- Data (from Filename): Click the file folder icon to the right side of the property field. Navigate to the file.
- FieldDelimiter: Expand the 'Optional' section of the properties panel and enter | (the pipe character) into the property field.
- Click the run button.