In Windows, open the Start menu. Select All Programs->Dataverse->Start Dataverse as shown below.
You can also use the Start Dataverse desktop icon if the installer created one.
When you click this icon, two things happen:
- The Dataverse server starts in the background if it is not already running.
- Your default web browser opens and connects to the Dataverse server. Occasionally, the browser will get ahead of Dataverse and give an error when connecting. Simply wait a few minutes and try again.
Now that Dataverse is started and you are connected to it, you can start Building Your First Dataflow.
To shut down Dataverse, perform the following two actions:
- Close the web browser window that connects to the Dataverse server. Be sure to save your work first!
- If you are working on a dataflow, click on the Save button to save it. The Save button is the picture of the diskette below.
- Click on the Back button to return to the Directory. The Back button is the red left arrow above.
- Close the browser tab for Dataverse.
- Click the Stop Dataverse icon. You can find it next to the Start Dataverse icon in your Start menu.
If you attempt to use Dataverse after the server is shutdown, it will not be able to find the server, and you will receive an error. Simply close any browser windows and start the Dataverse server using the directions above.